- What are my sources of inspiration?
- I have endless sources of inspiration with three young children, a beautiful garden to nurture and enjoy, a great community of friends, and living in Albany – a coastal town with striking landscapes, abundant space and beauty.
- I keep the initial threads for my stories together in an ideas file. Anything from a turn of phrase, a person I pass in the street to a daydream in the car can be that stimulus to a new story.
What ages are my books targeted at?
- Beyond Our Garden Gate contains simple and gentle themes about nature play and family. This story is suitable for 3-6 year olds. It is available at http://www.wildeyedpress.com.au.
- Can I Come Too, Eliza-Lou? is a humorous story for 3-6 year olds. Its expected publication date is the end of October, 2017.
- A Whale of a Day in Botany Bay is a humorous rhyming manuscript for 4-7 year olds. The expected publication date is October 2018.
- I have been working on two junior fiction novels which fit the genre of realistic fiction. They both have universal themes of identity, family and following dreams.
- I’ve recently started writing a middle-grade novel which is also realistic fiction. This story will be set in China and Australia.
You must log in to post a comment.